AdmissionYou are here:
For admission to our Post 16 provision please go to the Sixth Form under the Curriculum area.
Should you wish for your child to join us, please apply through Slough Borough Council. If you do not hear anything please let us know and we will hopefully be able to help. Please contact Naz Ahmed (Admissions Officer) or Kerrie Kelly, (Personal Assistant to the Headteacher).
At our most recent Open Evening a number of parents raised some queries in regard to our intake. These are as follows:
Question - I have been informed that Wexham School is in Buckinghamshire. Is this the case?
Answer - Wexham School is in Slough and Slough Borough Council handle all admissions for us. We are on the Slough/Buckinghamshire Border which may explain why this has caused confusion. We welcome applications from both residents in Slough and Buckinghamshire. For parents to gain a place in Year 7, for September 2021, and who live outside of Slough you must apply through your home Local Authority and place Wexham on your preference list. If there are any concerns pleasec contact us.
Question - Will my child gain a place at Wexham if they do not already have a sibling in attendance?
Answer - This is a factor which assists a child gaining a place in the school but it is not the only factor. Many families apply for their first or only child and successfully secure a place in the school.
Question - I live outside the catchment area so will my child get a place at Wexham?
Answer - It has been many years since secondary schools had automatic catchment areas. Distance from the school is still part of the admissions criteria should there be more applications than places available. Wexham School is situated on the edge of Slough. This means we have a lovely large green site which gives the school a 'campus' feeling. However, this means our natural catchment is large as there is very little housing to the north and east of the school. Many students attending Wexham currently live in Langley, Iver, Stoke Poges, Chalvey, Cippenham, Britwell, Burnham and Upton as well as locally.
Question - What facilities does Wexham have?
Other than usual teaching classrooms Wexham is very well resourced. We have:
- A large multi-purpose sports hall.
- A fitness suite, used by students for lessons and after school.
- A full size 11 a-side floodlit astro turf pitch, a smaller multi use games area currently used for Netball and Tennis and considerable outside field space.
- A fully equipped Dance Studio, Drama Studio, Art and Music Suites.
- Fully equipped technology classrooms offering Food Technology, Resistant Materials, Electronics and Textiles Education.
- We have also very recently opened our new state of the art Woodside Building with 29 new classrooms for English, Media, SEN, Humanities and MFL, as well as a superb new 2 floor library and sixth form area. As part of our school expansion programme we have also opened two new science labs.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions.
Personalised tours, to fit in with your family schedule, are available. Please contact us on 01753 526797 and ask to speak to the Headteacher's Personal Assistant or email email@example.com. We will be delighted to show you around the school and answer any questions you may have.