CAREERS INFORMATION FOR STUDENTSYou are here:
Careers for Students
Year 8 – GCSE options
How do I choose?
At Wexham, students select their GCSE options in year 8. The latest options booklet is below.
· If you have a career plan then make sure you find out the subjects that are required.
· Choose what you like doing.
· Ask for help from your tutor remember they know you really well.
· Talk all options through with your family with regards to the choices available.
· Talk to your subject teachers, they know the details of the course, and can advise if it is right for you.
Year 11 – post 16 options
What are my options?
One very popular option is to continue your studies into A Levels. You are able to sit A Levels at Wexham, other schools with sixth forms or a sixth form college. This offers a clear pathway to university.
Apprenticeships and School Leaver Programmes
You can also apply to do an apprenticeship.
Other school/college courses
East Berkshire College http://www.eastberks.ac.uk/
Reading College http://www.reading-college.ac.uk/
Uxbridge College https://www.uxbridge.ac.uk/
Post 18 Options
What are your options?
Apprenticeships and School Leaver Programmes – You may wish to complete an apprenticeship after leaving Wexham.
Employment – You may wish to start employment.
National Careers Service
School Leavers Guide http://www.thebigchoice.com/Digital_Edition/school_leavers_apprenticeships_2014/