How to applyYou are here:
Applications to the school for all students who reside in Slough and for any 'In Year Admissions' must be made through Slough Borough Council using the Slough Application Form.
For parents applying for Year 6 into 7 for September 2024 who live outside Slough you must apply through your Local Authority and place Wexham School on your preference list.
The admission criteria for Slough Boroughs Mixed Community Schools are set by the LA and can be found on their website.
To contact Slough Borough Council please follow the link below or contact the admissions team on 01753 875728 (Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm)
The school was inspected by Ofsted in May 2023 and was judged GOOD in all categories. They described us accurately as a friendly and highly inclusive school.
At our recent Open Evening, a number of parents raised queries regarding applying for a place at Wexham. These are as follows:
Question - I have been told Wexham School is in Buckinghamshire. Is this the case?
Answer - Wexham School is in Slough and Slough Borough Council handle all admissions for us. We are right on the Slough/Buckinghamshire Border, which may explain why this has caused confusion. We welcome applications from both residents in Slough and Buckinghamshire.
Question - Will my child gain a place at Wexham if they do not already have a sibling already in attendance?
Answer - This is a factor which assists a child gaining a place in the school, but it is not the only factor. Many families apply for their first or only child and successfully secure a place in the school.
Question - I live outside the catchment area so will my child get a place at Wexham?
Answer - It has been many years since secondary schools have had automatic catchment areas. Distance from the school is still part of the admissions criteria should there be more applications than places available. Wexham School is situated on the edge of Slough. This means we have a lovely large green site, which gives the school a 'campus' feeling. However, this means our natural catchment is large as there is very little housing to the north and east of the school. Many students attending Wexham currently live in Langley, Iver, Stoke Poges, Farnham Royal, Chalvey, Cippenham, Britwell, Burnham and Upton.
Question - What facilities does Wexham have?
- In November 2018 we opened our brand new 'Woodside Building' as part of Slough Borough Council's School Expansion Programme. We have 29 new classrooms, housing our English, Humanities, Languages, Special Educational Needs and English as an Additional Language Departments. The building also includes a fantastic new library and Sixth Form Study Area, Student Services and Medical Facilities and ICT facilities. Our old library has been made into two new science labs.
- Science and Technology is housed in purpose-built accommodation with excellent facilities.
- A large multipurpose sports hall, with fitness suite and classrooms.
- A full-size 11 a-side floodlit astro turf pitch, a smaller multi use games area currently used for netball and tennis and considerable outside field space.
- Fully equipped dance studio, drama studio, art and music suites.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your application, then you can appeal against this decision. Parent’s appeals are considered by panels that are independent of the school and the Local Authority.
Please contact Slough Borough Council Admission Department for this application form.
Admission to the Sixth Form
Students in Year 11 and from other schools are admitted to the Sixth Form following an interview.
To apply for admission to the 6th form please follow the link below:
Please contact the school for further information. We welcome applications from pupils who attend other schools.