Slough School Sport NetworkYou are here:
The Slough School Sport Network (SSSN) was established in 2011 and is made up of a strong partnership of local infant, primary, junior, secondary and special schools, the SSSN serves to provide all young people with the opportunity to participate in high quality sport and physical activity opportunities in order to adopt a healthy habit for life.
As well as delivering the Government School Games programme which enables as many young people as possible to participate in competition at a variety of levels, the SSSN also delivers a comprehensive programme of other support services to school's including;
- Creating opportunities and encouraging all young people to access a variety of activities and take part in PE, sport and physical activity.
- Using PE and sport to improve and raise standards in all areas of the curriculum, including against Ofsted criteria.
- Developing high quality and appropriate competition structures in line with the National Competition Framework.
- Providing high quality training opportunities for teachers and school staff.
- Providing opportunities for young people to engage in sports leadership and volunteering in sport.
- Working with coaches to support the delivery of out of school hours clubs.
In partnership with Wexham School we are also Berkshire’s Lead Inclusion as well as a Barclays FA Girls Football Partnership providing more opportunities for girls to participate in physical activity through football.
We are fortunate to work with such a strong local Network of National Governing Bodies of Sport – including Berkshire Cricket Foundation, Rugby Football Union, England Badminton, Lawn Tennis Association but also wider partners such as Create Development, 4Motion Dance Theatre, Healthy Minds, Sport in Mind, Panathlon GB and PE Scholar plus many more.
However we are a very small team and are always looking to recruit additional volunteers and coaches to help us run our events, plus local investment/ support/ sponsorship wherever possible too. If you would like any information on the above or to get involved please contact Laura Brookstein on firstname.lastname@example.org