Year 7 September 2023 Starters for our new parentsYou are here:
I would like to thank all parents for choosing Wexham and joining an expanding School with amazing space and facilities, superb learning and a fantastic community full of friendly, dedicated students and staff.
- Transition Day will be Tuesday 4th July. All Year 6 students will spend the day with us.
- We will be writing to parents soon regarding Transition Day and the start of Term.
- Our Transition Team will also be visiting your child in their primary school before the end of term and/or speak with their teachers.
- The first day of school for Year 7 is the 5th of September.
On Wednesday 6th September 2023 Year 7 students should report at 8.35am to the Main School Reception. For the first two weeks of term we will dismiss Year 7 at 3.00pm, slightly earlier than the normal time, whilst parents and students are getting used to their new school.
The School will provide a lunch for all students (free of charge) on Wednesday whilst we register new students onto our system. Students are of course welcome on this day to bring their own packed lunch.
- The member of staff overseeing induction and transition is Mrs Spina-Beatty, Assistant Leader of Year 7. She wil be visiting as many students as she can in their primary schools before the end of the year.
- If your child has an Education Health Care Plan either Mrs Tidey, Assistant Headteacher, Mrs Theis, Deputy SENCO or Mrs Curran, Leader of the Autistic Resource Base will also be in contact.
We are also having a number of Year 6 parents contacting us saying that they wish to change their allocated school for September and come to us. We still have a few places to fill due to our large expansion of numbers. If you want to change the school the Local Authority has allocated, you will need to fill out this form on Slough Borough Council's Website.
This can only be used if you have already been allocated a place in another school. Or you have declined the place offered in March and wish to change your mind.
All applications must go through Slough Borough Council.