Community OutreachYou are here:
I am pleased to introduce myself as the Parental Outreach Worker at Wexham School.
At Wexham we understand that many children and families experience difficult times which can make a happy, successful school and home life a struggle. If you have worries or concerns about your child, you can always talk to their form tutor and leader of year as they know your child and can work with you to address any issues. However, for whatever reason, you might not feel able to or there may be other problems which parents/carers need some help with. The emotional welfare of our pupils is of the greatest importance and having a dedicated Parental Outreach Worker enables these issues to be given the time and care needed to be sensitively and compassionately worked through together. We seek to break down the barriers to learning and help you to deal with challenges in a positive way so that all children can be successful and make good progress.
I work with and support families in different ways:
- I listen and appreciate parents/carers issues and offer suggestions and advice for individuals and families on behaviour management, boundaries, routines, school attendance, e-safety, healthy eating to name a few. I can also refer and signpost to other services available within Slough.
- I work with and support families during key school transition, including newcomers.
- I work with families who are going through difficult times including relationship breakdown, bereavement, mental well-being and financial hardship.
To support parents Wexham School will be offering regular:
- Coffee Mornings
- Parents Forums – an opportunity for parents to communicate their opinion in relation to certain matters affecting their child’s education
- Suggestion Box
- English Literacy workshops
I would like to take this opportunity to encourage as many parents to attend at least one of the sessions above to enable more interaction with the school.
I am available at Wexham School every Monday from 8:00am – 4:30pm. To arrange an appointment please call me on 01753 526797 Ext. 1019
I speak Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi and can arrange translators for other languages, so please do not worry about language barriers. It will be nice to see parents from all different backgrounds attending the sessions outlined above.
I hope this will be the start of a positive step in having an even greater involvement with, you, the parents.
I look forward to meeting you.